November 26, 2006

Reason #5 Step 2

I am listing the 10 reasons that I desire to and will finish my first 26.2 during the final 10 days prior to the race. This is the 5th in the series.

Step 2...

My eventual goal is to become an Ironman. I want to swim 2.4 miles, bike for 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles within 17 hours.

To do them all together, I first must be able to do each of them individually. I've cycled for nearly 112 miles (heh, 104 miles yesterday! details coming soon...); that was step 1.

Step 2 will come in 6 days, when I complete my first ever 26.2 mile run.

Am I nervous? Yes... Am I afraid? Yes... Do I anticipate pain? Hell yea... Will I back down? Not a chance...

And after Saturday, when I cross the finish line in Memphis at the St. Jude Marathon, I will begin work with my new swim coach (details coming soon, but I am stoked to say the least!!) toward step 3.

So, reason #5 is completion of step 2 toward eventually becoming an Ironman.

No comments: