November 7, 2008

Back in the game...

I haven't felt much triathlon motivation since I was denied entrt to the Redman Iron distance race in September. I had no idea the race closed weeks before the start despite not capping. I had even told some friends that I might move on to something new, a challenge of a different sort.
I ran the Air Force Marathon in September, and I ran a couple local 5 ks in October. I had age group podium finishes in the 5ks so I was feeling pretty good about that.
I thought maybe I would focus on running primarily... Then one of my old bosses JK's training for this month's IM Arizona got me a little inspired. And then I swam today...
It was my first swim since August, and it was only 1000 yards. But it was enough to remind me that I like to swim...
And yea, I like to run... And yea, I like to bike...
And know what? There is absolutely nothing that compares to the satisfaction you get when you cross the finish line after racing 140.6 miles in 1 day.
So I visited my old friend Ironman.com and looked for any races that weren't already capped. And what do you know? The race closest to me, IM Louisville, had spots. And with it being in August, that gives my slacker-ass plenty of time to train and procrastinate and still be ready to rumble come raceday.
So I forked over the ridiculous $525 entry fee...
And it feels damn good to be back in the game...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Hazel Jones and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back at k5sino@bigstring.com, indicating your blog for reference, and I'll send you back pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Hazel Jones

Michele said...

cool, will be following you on this one!!! thinking about it myself for 2010

RunBubbaRun said...

Cool, I'll be out there racing as well (IMKY). Glad to see you back in the game there.

TJ said...

Very cool. Will be following along.

Robin said...

Very cool. Nothing like a big goal out there to set the season in motion. Best!